Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I am still alive! New shop tour


Posted by






       I'm sure some of you were starting to wonder if i was ever gonna make a new post. I have had alot going on these last few months and have not had much time for woodworking. The little bit of woodworking I have done has been rushed and I have failed to make any posts. I moved from the apartment I was living at, which was about 45 minutes one way drive to work, to a house that is in walking distance from work. The house needed some work, so that occupied a good bit of my time at first. My busy season at work has started, so I am working longer hours leaving me less time at home. I also had to set up my workshop in a one car carport that had been closed in. Going from a large 2 car garage to this was a change that required some changes including getting rid of my lumber rack I made because there is just not room. I also did not have room for my toolbox that i used as a workbench. While this is a much smaller space it does have some advantages, a 10ft ceiling and air conditioning!
 

     I made this little bracket to extend my light over my workbench.





Getting the table saw through a regular door was a challenge and required alot of disassemble but I finally got it all back together and realigned.


   

Another advantage of my move is that I can now have a pet. So this is my new friend Lily! And yes the floors are carpet which is kinda weird in a workshop but it is very low carpet so its easy to clean. Fine for now.


   

My belt/disc sander was mounted on my workbench, but now that I only have one workbench instead of two i cant afford to waste the workbench space. For now its sitting on this little temporary stand. I am planning to make a more permanent base later.


   

I mounted some of my stuff to this wall. I am currently working on a lumber rack for this wall also which I will have a post up on soon.

   


I picked up this makita radio a while back and made this shelf thing for it to sit on.


  


The workbench was a perfect fit here.





I also finished adding drawers to the bottom of my workbench for additional storage.



                                                              Thanks for viewing and hope you enjoyed!
                                                                       Look for more posts soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment