Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Christmas!


Posted by
Labels:
Most hobby woodworkers make some of their Christmas gifts, and I'm no exception!  Here is what I made this year:

A pair of planters for one grandmother with her last name and street number.


A spoon, a guitar pick holder, and a hamburger patty shaper for my friend Bill.

 

An end grain cutting board for my sister:

A trivet for my Mom, made in the forge:

A wooden beer caddy for my nearly brother in law: 



The wood is really gorgeous on this - home milled from a pear tree.



 I made the two spoons on the left for my lovely wife.  The one on the right, I bought from Peter Follansbee.  I have been a longtime follower of his blog and admirer of his work, and it's really cool that I could buy a spoon from him right over the internet!


And, the Pièce de résistance for the year I think, a little end table for a grandmother.  The main body is just a dovetailed box of cedar.  The "K" is the same cedar just stained, and the stand is steel I forged and welded myself.  She already had the marble piece that sits on top. 

 
 

As for myself, I put my Christmas money towards a sorely needed upgrade in the air compressor department:

 

I also got my late Grandfather's lathe, and I built this stand for it.  I'm really happy with how it turned out so far.


If you enjoyed this article, consider following our blog!  You can follow us via email or rss/atom at the top right of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment