Sunday, March 22, 2015

Turning


Posted by
Labels:
I have been doing a lot of practice turning pieces on my new lathe.  Here are 3 little end-grain bowls I made out of some douglas fir.
 

 I made this small jewelry box out of the same wood.

  
 I also made this bowl out of poplar.  It's not end-grain, but I'm not sure what the terminology for this type of bowl is.  Maybe you would call it a side-grain bowl?

 
I made a few tool holders for the end of my lathe stand.

 
I turned these two little coat-hook type knobs to hang various things on the lathe stand.

 
I have a long ways to go on improving my lathe skills, but I'm enjoying practicing.  Up next I am going to be building a set of cabinets, and I'll be doing some articles on that process.

1 comment:

  1. Those are amazing! Definitely don't look like practice! :)

    ReplyDelete