Saturday, July 6, 2013

Weekend Odds and Ends


Posted by
Labels: , , ,
I've been queueing up several small projects over the past few weeks that aren't big enough to justify a whole post themselves, and I'm going to throw them all together here.

Tool holders:

I made a couple of new tool holders.  The first one, for my coping saw, is made from a block with a groove cut in the top of it.  Then a much smaller block with a rabbet cut into the top is glued on the front to form a groove for the blades to sit in.



This holder for my broadaxe from my salvage trip is made from various bits of scrap spruce.  Most of the pieces are around 1/2 inch thick.



This funky little holder is for a couple of marking gauges.  It's just two pieces of scrap joined by glueing the horizontal piece into a groove cut in the vertical piece.  It also features a groove cut into the back of the vertical piece to fit over the rib of the metal shelf bracket you can see behind and above it.

 

Drawer Organizer:

The top drawer of my workbench has been an absolute disaster for nearly as long as it has existed.  It's my default place to just throw something when I need to clear off the bench, and finding anything in there has become almost impossible.  So I made a drawer divider out of some 1/4 inch plywood scrap and cleaned out and organized this drawer.  The pieces are just cut to length, then glued and nailed together with my 18 gauge brad nailer.  There is a little trick to getting these nails to go in straight into this thin plywood that I got from this John Heisz video.


No comments:

Post a Comment