Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Bandsaw!


Posted by
Labels: ,
I picked up a new (to me) bandsaw this past weekend.  It's a Craftsman 12 inch model with a 1/2 horse power motor.  It previously belonged to my grandfather and has been in storage for probably 20 years.  Luckily for me, it was stored indoors in a good environment, and it seems to be no worse for the wear.






This bandsaw is an improvement over my previous one in a few ways.  Firstly, the design of the blade guides is better.  There is more adjustment range for the thrust bearing and for how far forward the guide blocks project.





Also the wheels are 2 inches larger, which is supposed to be easier on blades.



I've set it up and just run a couple of pieces of wood through it, and found that it works great so far.  I'm sure some tuning up will be in order, but it already works well enough for my purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment