Saturday, April 27, 2013

Old bandsaw update 2


Posted by
Labels: ,
I thought i would do an update on the progress i have made on my bandsaw project.
I disassembled the base again to paint everything. I painted the base frame black.


I painted the plywood pieces i made to enclose the base orange, since i had some orange paint left over from when i painted my tablesaw enclosure pieces.



While the paint was drying i turned my attention to the top of the bandsaw. The surface was fairly smooth but had light rust similar to my table saw top. Using the same method i used to restore my table saw top I restored this surface. Starting with a wire wheel in my angle grinder, followed by sandpaper and finishing with a coat of paste wax. 



After all the painted pieces where dry i assembled the base.



I tied all the wires up with some plastic clamps.





Next I installed the side covers to ensure they fit properly, I later removed them to install the bandsaw on the base.









Next i re-installed the bandsaw on the base. As you can see in this picture i bought a linkbelt for this saw, because the old belt was in rough shape. After installing one on my tablesaw a while back i decided i was never going to buy anything else for my woodworking machines. The provider I order my belts from sells the belt in 4 foot sections and 1 foot sections. So I ordered a 4 foot section assuming it would be plenty but it was not, guess i should have measured. 



I painted the covers black and went ahead and installed the back cover.



The front cover after paint.

                               


Here is the top after i cleaned it. I also painted the edges of the top black. 


I am now just waiting on the additional belt and blade i ordered.

Look for the conclusion to this project soon!

Thanks for viewing!  


1 comment:

  1. Wow this thing looks 100 times better than when I had it already! I'm really proud to see it cleaned up and looking so good.

    ReplyDelete