Thursday, February 28, 2013

Table saw crosscut sled hanger and dust drawer


Posted by
I have really been concentrating on getting my table saw fixed up lately since it is the most used tool in my shop. I made a crosscut sled a little while back and had never made a place to store it, so i made this to hold my sled when it is not being used. It is just a pine 2x6 with the slots cut to match the rails on the sled. It also has two 5/8'' oak dowels cut at an angle to that the sled hangs on.

\


Here is how it looks with the sled installed.


I also decided to make a drawer to catch most of the dust from the table saw. I made this from all scrap 3/4'' MDF except the drawer face which is 1/2'' plywood.






This is a pic of the inside of the saw.The tunnel attaches to the saw base with four 1/4'' bolts. I decided to seal the interior to help prevent dust from getting out. I plan to close the back of the saw base in, install a hookup for my shop vac and make a zero clearance blade insert. Hopefully by doing all of this my table saw will be a little less messy.
If you have any questions or comments shoot me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment