Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Table saw issue


Posted by
Labels:
So I recently acquired a old craftsman table saw. It is not a very good one but it was free so I am not complaining. I have fought with the drive system on it since day one. It Is a poor design. The saw worked fine if the blade was all the way up but if I lowered the blade much the belt did not have enough tension to properly drive the blade. The only thing that held tension on the belt was the weight of the motor, very poor design. To help this issue I installed springs that pulled the motor downward, therefore keeping the belt tight at all times. This worked quite well but I also was having problems with the pulleys, the pulley on the saw drive had an obvious wobble and the belt was worn out, so I decided to replace the pulleys and belt. I ordered new machined steel pulleys and a new accu-link belt from www.in-lineindustries.com. Today I got the parts in the mail and installed them on the saw. Wow, what a difference, the saw is so much quieter and smoother! I would defiantly recommend this to anyone using an older belt driven table saw.













No comments:

Post a Comment