Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend Odds and Ends


Posted by
Labels: , , ,
I worked on several projects this weekend, including working on a couple of yet to be published projects, but I also did a lot of miscellaneous stuff.  I got a couple of old saws and spokeshaves off ebay, and they arrived this past week.  I cleaned up and oiled the saws and spokeshaves, and sharpened the spokeshave blades as well.  I also made hanging tool holders for the saws, as well as the spokeshaves.





The middle piece on the backsaw holder swivels to lock the saw on the holder, or allow you to remove the saw depending on the position.

I also cleaned up and sharpened an old hatchet I bought off ebay several weeks ago.  I got the thing so sharp I managed to cut myself on it!  I made a hanging tool holder that would sheath the blade to prevent this happening again.  This tool holder fell into the category of things that look better in my imagination than they do in reality once I build them.



I made another shelf bracket and extended a shelf.  Storage space is ALWAYS at a premium in my shop.




I repaired a clamp rack with some broken fingers.  The old piece with the slots was solid wood, and that made the fingers weak since the grain was all running across the fingers.  I replaced it with a piece of 3/4 inch plywood.  It's not pretty, but it works.




And finally, I finished up another under shelf parts storage drawer and hung it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment